Vibank Village Council voted to make Masking Mandatory in the Heritage Building ( Convent) and the Primary Daycare effective immediately and will be reviewed. Disposable Masks are available in the entrance way if you forgot yours ( and at the Office ).
Ecarnot: Masks must be worn while in the Heritage Building/ Convent and Primary Day Care and; THAT Administration be authorized to create a Masking Policy and communications strategy to effectively relay this policy to the residents of Vibank. _____________CARRIED
Information about the Village of Vibank – Mandatory Heritage Building Masking Policy
September 14, 2021
Important information on health and safety measures in our community.
Effective September 14, to protect the health and safety of residents, customers and employees, at this time the Village of Vibank Council Policy 2021-003 mandates, masks are required when accessing The Village of Vibank Heritage Centre (Convent) and Primary Day Care 101-2nd Ave. Not all indoor Village-operated facilities and services are impacted by this Policy.
Village Council approved the action at its meeting Monday, September 13 as an added safety measure to address the increasing spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Because face masks may not work in all situations, there are exceptions to this requirement:
• Anyone with an underlying medical condition or disability which inhibits the ability to wear a face covering or anyone aiding a person with an underlying medical condition or disability where the use of a non-medical face mask would hinder the provision of assistance;
• Children under the age of 3 years of age; and
• First responders in an emergency.
Protect Yourself and Others – Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
• Get tested even if you are experiencing mild symptoms
As a respiratory illness, the best method to protect yourself against COVID-19 is to practice everyday preventive actions including:
• Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Maintain safe food practices and avoid sharing cups, glasses, dishes or cutlery
• Clean high-touch surfaces and objects frequently
• Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Does my child (over the age of three ) need to wear a mask during dance class or Judo?
Yes as long as they do not have an underlying medical condition or disability.
What happens if someone doesn’t have a mask?
We encourage everyone to bring their own mask, however, the Village will have masks available for use at the Heritage Centre.
How long will the mask requirement be in place?
The Village Council will assess and re-evaluate health and safety measures and daily Covid numbers. The mask requirement will remain in effect until such time as it is deemed appropriate to remove it.
Will employees working outside be required to wear masks?
Masks are strongly encouraged but not required for employees working outside.
Wearing a face covering or mask protects people who are around you. Since some people who are infected with COVID-19 may have the virus and not know it, everyone should wear a face covering or mask. When other people wear a face covering or mask, they are helping to protect you as well.