Village of Vibank’s Primary Daycare is looking for a part-time cook, cook’s assistant position. Monday to Friday from 11am-1pm, during the school year and up to fulltime hours over the summer months ( to cover off holidays) . Primary Day Care is flexible and offers a positive enriching work environment. Please apply via email or fax, no walk ins or calls ( centre is too busy and Covid- protocols are still in place.)
The cook position is responsible for all duties relating to purchasing, preparation and serving of all snacks and meals to the childcare centre the cook is also responsible for the general cleaning and housekeeping duties as well as general maintenance of the kitchen and eating area.
· Daily planning, preparation and delivery of wholesome and nutritious foods prepared according to Health Regulations and Canada’s Food Guide in consultation with the Director. · Follow/adherence to allergy/diet restrictions of children and ensuring that all preparation is peanut free.
· Ensuring that the centre kitchen and eating area is exceeding all cleaning standards and is well maintained. · Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
· To act as professional role models for children, volunteers, students and fellow staff members. · To work together as an integral part of team that meets the social, emotional and physical needs of all children in the childcare program.
· Other duties as assigned by the Childcare Director.
· Food Handler Safety Certification food safe level 1 · Experience in food preparation/serving ( can be completed after employment commences ) · Prior experience working with children an asset · First Aid, CPR qualifications ( can be completed after employment commences) and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check